Thursday, May 11, 2006

Of cats and men

It has been a ...night.

My dear, lovely, precious cat (she thinks she's so cute) had decided to use my computer speaker wires as a chewing device. I was listening to my Yahoo Music (which I am addicted to mind you) and BAM! my music goes out (on a really good song too of course). I see my dear kitty underneath the desk looking up at me like "what? I'm too cute for you to kill!". gggrr. First it was just one speaker that went out, but that just annoys me so I tried to fix it. Apparently the speakers don't like me because now neither one works. So now I'm speaker-less. I love my cat, I love my cat, I love my cat.

Then there is the man issue tonight. My dh. I love him, I really do. And this wasn't his fault....it was his works'. He is on call this week. He uses a laptop for work, which he brings home every day and I use it at night to write my book. (I could use the computer but the laptop is so much more handy, and dh usually plays his computer game on the reg. computer). Go figure, tonight I'm really motivated to write (or I was) and he ends up getting 50 pages and needs the laptop to figure out the issues. (He's a Systems Admin.....AKA "the computer guy"). Fine. I find something else to do for few minutes. 15 minutes later he's done, I get the laptop back. I'm in my groove, doing my writing thing. He gets another 10 pages at one time and needs it again. *big sigh*. This time I use the computer since he said it's going to be a while. (during this time on the computer is when I dealt with said cat issue). So now I'm getting ticked....switched computers several times now, cat ticked me off, I'm without my Yahoo music which I can't seem to write without. 20 mintues later he says he's done. I switch back to laptop. If he gets another page I'm quitting for the night. gggrrr.

So much for my motivation to write tonight.

I'll get this book written sometime this decade...hopefully.

No comments: