Thursday, May 18, 2006

My car vs squirrel

I first noticed it on Friday last week. My car was running rather strangely but I didn't really think much of it. (actually I was just lazy on Sat and didn't want to bother with it). Sunday morning I got in my car to go to church and started up the car and it cluncked out before I even got it out of park. Tried that several times until finally it wouldn't start anymore. Dh had to take Ryan and I to church.

Well, dh came home early on Tuesday from work so he could take a look at my car. Ryan of course wanted to help. He found some leaves in the engine compartment, and after checking it out from a distance, opted to have Ryan come inside by me. Turns out there was a deceased squirrel there! Apparently a not-so-bright squirrel decided my car engine was the perfect place to build a nest and make a home. I ended up killing the poor thing at some point when I used my car. (auugh!! I feel so horrible!!). But the squirrel had the last laugh; he (or she) chewed through 3 spark plug wires and the fuel injector wire. We had to get it towed.

So thanks to Mother Nature and the bottom of the intelligent chain of squirrels, I will be paying almost $300 to get my car fixed. I think there goes my hopes of fertility drugs any time soon. *sigh*

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Oh my! That's terrible (but a little funny, too).

Susan said...

What's even more bizarre is that a friend of mine had that exact same thing happen to her! Dumb squirrels!

and rudeness said...

Brenda, don't worry. Wildlife and I don't get along either.

Try running over a chipmunk (a cute little adorable chipmunk!) with a lawnmower.

Yes. While I was mowing.

Not cool!