Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Writing

So I've been writing diligently on my book. Did I mention what the working title is?? It's called (at least for now) Breaking Free. I have written a good portion of it so far...I'd say probably close to 30 pages. I haven't really kept track since I have been writing it as separate scenes. But I've written about 10 scenes so far. I write every chance I get, though I'm limited to mainly nights since I use Bob's laptop. I could use the computer too, but I find it confusing going from laptop to computer, especially when all the notes and all I've done is on the laptop. I don't have it saved to disk or anything yet (which reminds me I really need to do that. I will be really ticked if something were to happen and I lost it all). So it's going kinda slow...slower than I want anyway, but it's still going at least!

Right now I'm working on one of my favorite scenes in the whole book. It's the scene that the whole idea of the novel was based around. I had an idea of a scene, and then tried to figure out where to go from there and what I wanted to show and how to end it. It's an incredible important scene so I've been feeling some pressure to make it good.

I left off last night toward the very end of the scene....right in the middle of the best part..the kissing scene!!! I don't think I slept much last night....I kept thinking about this kissing scene and upset that I didn't finish it! LOL Gives me something to look forward to tonight though!

At any rate, I'm so excited about this book. I'm working my butt off to get it written. I'm completely determined to finish it and try to get it published.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to read it when you're finished! You're doing so great, keep it up! :) (Oh and please do save it to disk, I'd cry if you lost it all... :O)