Saturday, February 18, 2006

Rock and Roll Fantasy Camp!

Ok...I totally thought it started on Monday, but I was wrong! You have to check this out!! Rock and Roll Fantasy Camp is Feb 16-20. It's a really cool way for fans and amatuer musicians to meet, learn, and jam with their idols and professional musicians.

There are counselors there (just like a real camp) where campers hang out with, learn from, jam with, and will, by the end of the 5 days, will have written a song with to perform in a battle of the bands on the last night. There are also seminars, time to hang out, take pictures, autographs, and so much more. Even a welcome party! Does that sound cool or what?!

Michael Lardie is one of the counselors this year. Check here for the video of Michael talking about being a counselor. He is so darn cute!! LOL It's also the first time I've ever heard him speak....he seems like such a sweetheart! *sigh* What I wouldn't give to meet him!!

Anyway, if I had an extra $9500 laying around and can actually play an instrument, I'd be there!!!! haha Although it does say ANYONE can come....including those who don't know a darn thing about music like myself, as long as you are willing to learn (if it's Michael who's teaching me, I'm willing to learn ANYTHING!). And yes, it is actually that much money. $1000 down payment to secure your spot, and the full cost of the camp for 5 days is $8499 (and an extra $399 for your spouse if you'd like them to come along). It's a lot of money....but so worth it if you get to jam and learn from your idols.

Looks like a cool thing to do.

No comments: