Friday, February 24, 2006

The day my angel grew wings

Today is Feb. 24. It's such a sad day for me. It was 2 yrs ago today that I miscarried; 2 yrs ago today that I had to go in to get a D&C; I was 9 weeks along; 2 yrs ago today that my angel grew wings and flew up to be in Jesus' arms.

I'm not nearly as sad about it as last year. I feel I'm in a different place emotionally this year, and spiritually. I know now why it happened, and I accept it. I trust that God has a plan for me that will give me hope and a future. But it still hurts some. I'm still sad about it, I still cried a little this morning. It hurts to know my baby is not here with me. He/she would be 17 months old now. I would be TTC our third child now instead of just our second.

I have also received so much support from people this week, it's been wonderful and overwhelming at the same time! I truly feel loved. I have received support from my dear friends from Simplymoms (love you girls!), from my husband, from my church family. It's made me see this in a whole new light I suppose. I know I'm definitely not alone in all this. I will always have God and my wonderful friends to lean on.

I actually won't have much time today to reflect on the events that happened 2 yrs ago today at 11am. Ryan has a playdate this morning and Julie is coming over this evening. However, I plan on saying a special prayer, taking some time to meditate and pray, and lighting a candle for my precious angel. I have it on my heart too to write a poem if I get a chance.

I will NEVER forget my angel, no matter how much time passes by. I am the mother of 2 children, no matter what anyone says.

I miss you my precious angel. May you feel the warmth of Jesus' arms holding you, looking upon me. I can't wait to meet you again someday. Mommy loves you.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Oh Brenda. I've got tears in my eyes...

Know that you and your angel baby are loved.