Saturday, February 18, 2006

Can you say "COLD"

BBUUURRR!!!! One of the problems of living in the good ole cheese state....it's flipping COLD!! They don't call it the frozen taundra for nothing!!! The temp right now (with the sun brightly shining) is -3 F, with a -25 F wind chill!!!! That's flipping cold!! I miss my 80 degree weather in the summer...that we get about a whole 2 weeks of!!! LOL
I was supposed to go get Ryan's haircut this morning and then go to the store. I freeze my butt of to get to the car (since we don't have a garage the car is outside and it takes a bit to walk to it) only to find out the door is frozen shut. After several minutes of pulling on the door (I'm sure you can picture it), I managed to free it open. I start the car (which amazingly, actually starts!), only to find that the lock has frozen, so I can't close the door!!!! aug. So now the door to my car is sitting partially open since it's frozen. LOL That's ok...it's WAY too cold to go anywhere anyway!!!!

I think I want to move to California or Texas or somewhere where it doesn't go below 50 degrees! LOL

Actually, I really do like the seasons, and it really isn't that bad, especially when bundled up under a large warm blanket, sipping hot chocolate. This actually is the first time it's been below zero all winter...a very mild winter this year. So I guess I can't complain too much. If I moved down south or out west, I certainly would miss the season changes. I can't imagine what it's like not to have a white Christmas or not see the leaves change color and fall. I just wish it wasn't so darn cold though! I'm looking forward to summer again. :D

2 comments:

Cindy said...

You know there are places where they have all the seasons and it doesn't go below zero. :) Actually, it's in the teens here today, which is the coldest it's been in a long time.

Anonymous said...

I disagree!!! It's nice to travel 3 hrs North to see my mom in Kerrville, TX and watch the season change before my eyes. It's 42 (feels like 37) right now in Corpus. Waaaaay to chilly for us down South! It was cold and rainy here this weekend. We didn't go unless we had to! I hope it warms up a bit in your world!