Sunday, February 26, 2006

Child-Free night!!

For the first time in a VERY long time, Bob and I had a child free night! It was a spur of the moment thing too. We had to get our taxes done Sat afternoon, and had asked my parents to watch Ryan. Well, I also had to be in their area Sunday afternoon for a bridal shower, so I figured why bring Ryan all the way home--he could just spend the night at their house and I can pick him up after the shower. Ryan loved the idea- he just loves his grandma and grandpa. So we stayed there on Sat for dinner (had to stay until at least 5:30 anyway since they had to go to church), then we said goodbye to Ryan- who, btw, didn't care that we were leaving- and went home. For the first time in a long time, Bob and I actually spent good, quality time together. Normally he goes on the computer and plays his game, and I write or watch my soaps. Last night we watched a movie together, then we went to bed early (if you know what I mean!). It was such a wonderful night! Strange though. I kept checking in Ryan's room- it just felt so wrong to not have him here!

Today I didn't get to sleep in though, even without Ryan home. I still went to church, which was strange not taking Ryan with me. I had to do a double take in the back seat- I felt like I was missing something! I came home and was home for about an hour and a half, then left for the shower.

It was a nice shower. It was for Bob's cousin, who also happens to be named Brenda. Go figure. Anyway, it was very nice, and of course, I ate too much.

I left the shower and picked up Ryan, who was not happy to see me. He cried because he didn't want to leave grandma and grandpa's. Gee, wonder why? Could it be that they let him sleep in his bathrobe, let him have a snack just after breakfast, gave him ice cream, played games constantly with him? Naw!! LOL The boy is spoiled there!! LOL Oh well, what can you do?

So tonight it's back to the norm. I think we might have to have more sleepovers at the granparents house! I really enjoyed a night child-less. LOL I love my baby, but it sure is nice to have a night alone too. :)

2 comments:

Cindy said...

That's so great that you had a good time alone with your hubby!

Anonymous said...

How fun - I'm glad you & Bob got to enjoy some together time! :)