Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Verses of Hope

Here is a list of Bible verses that give me hope. These are some of my favorite Scripture. I read them when I am sad or anxious during this long ttc journey. I hope they can help someone else too. They are incredibly comforting....knowing that God is there. These are taken from the NIV version.

Psalm 23 "The Lord is my shephard, I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and staff, they comfort me. Your prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever."

Psalm 37:4 "Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart."

Psalm 40:1 "I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry."

Psalm 46:10 "Be still, and know that I am God."

Psalm 56:22 "Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall."

John 14:1 "Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me."

John 16:20-22 "I tell you the truth, you will weep and mourn while the world rejoices. You will grieve, but your grief will turn to joy. A woman giving birth to a child has pain because her time has come; but when her baby is born she forgets the anguish because of her joy that a child is born into the world. So with you: Now is your time of grief, but I will see you again and you will rejoice, and no one will take away your joy."

John 16:33 "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

Romans 5:3-4 "We also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perserverance; perserverance, character; and character, hope."

Philippins 4:13 "I can do everything through him who gives me strength."

James 4:2-3 "You want something but don't get it. You kill and covet, but you cannot have what you want. You quarrel and fight. You do not have, because you do not ask God. When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with the wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures."

1 Peter 5:7 "Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you."

Proverbs 3:5-6 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much Brenda, I'm going to save these & refer to them as well! (((hugs)))

Cindy said...

Thank you, Brenda. May we all find peace.

Anonymous said...

Just what I needed Brenda, thank you for posting these beautiful and uplifting verses. Mary