Friday, December 23, 2005

All right, all right!

Since I have gotten several requests (and a few fictional stories) for what actually happened at the Christmas party, I guess I'd be best off disclosing that info. LOL It really isn't that bad....your stories sound much worse! LOL

First off, we all ate and then we played a game. The game required us to write on a piece of paper 4 things that are noteworthy, 1 being true of what we really have done, and 3 made up things. Then Samira would read them in numbered order and we would have to guess which one is the real one for each person. It sounds complicated but really it wasn't. The hardest part was coming up with noteworthy things!! Mine were all rather boring since I don't have too many noteworthy things in my life....but I couldn't use getting married or having Ryan as my true noteworthy since everyone knows that! While we were playing this game a few people were looking at others papers and seeing what their answers are. Very funny!

After the game, we had an ornament exchange. It's a pretty fun way of doing it. We put all the wrapped ornaments on a table and everyone picks a number. We go according to numbers to pick a present. The first person gets an ornament, then the second person can either take the first ornament or take a wrapped one. It goes like that for everyone...until the last person that goes gets a choice of all the ornaments or the last wrapped one. It makes a night of fun and laughter! Anyway, the part I was referring to in the previous post.....as I had unwrapped my ornament and went back to the table, I put the wrapping paper on the table but didn't realize there was a lit candle there. I felt this wave of heat and realized the paper was on fire! Before anyone could do anything about it, the flame skyrocketed about 2 feet! It was quite frightening! We managed to put it out rather quickly before any damage occurred or anything. So now I'm famous for setting the church on fire! Keep in mind this was my ladies Bible study group. One lady said our Christmas parties are famous....this one we lied, cheated, set the church on fire, and ran naked after bears. (that's a long story I won't get into..someone's truth). It was amusing for a church Christmas party.

So that's what really happened. It was tons of fun and I'm famous at these parties. Last year at the same Christmas party was when my tire blew out. This year I set the church on fire. I tell ya, you can't take me anywhere!! LOL

2 comments:

Cindy said...

You sound awfully dangerous! :) Glad everything turned out ok. Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

LOL sounds like a wild party!!