Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Christmas banquet

I went to Immunuel Baptist's Women's Christmas Banquet last night. It was the most amazing experience!! I left feeling completely in awe and so much in love with Christ!

It started off with dinner and desserts. I sat at a table with my dear friend Lisa (the one that battled breast cancer this year) and her mother, sister, and cousins. We started with desserts (since our table was one of the last ones to get food, we got to pick desserts first!). YUM! There were so many good desserts: mini cream puffs, mini euclairs, tons of different types of cookies, mini cheesecakes, pette fours, etc. So good! Then for dinner we had salad, dinner rolls, 5 different types of pastas, 3 different types of sauces, chicken, and shrimp. It was so good! I actually ate everything on my plate, plus desserts!!

After the meal, they had a fashion show, put on by clothes from Dress Barn and modeled by our own ladies from IBC. It was such a hoot to see some of our ladies modeling like professionals! And the handbags worn by all the models were made by our own Samira! Very nice handywork!

After the fashion show the Christian music group Myrrh preformed. They were absolutely beautiful, incredible, awe-inspiring, and inspirational! I absolutely loved their testimony..which actually gave me chills! Praise the Lord for what He has done in their lives! I was just completely in awe hearing Heather sing so beautifully, hearing that just 5 years ago the doctors didn't believe she would ever talk again much less sing! She reminds me a lot of a mix of Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood. And Bill is just amazing on the violin. I have never seen playing like that before! My favorite song I think is All is Well, an incredible song sung with the Wheaton College Gospel Choir as back up. Very inspirational. I had to purchase a CD since I loved it so much!

I came home and couldn't stop talking about the evening! It was so much fun, and it really renewed my faith in Jesus! God is so good!! Praise Christ, for He is our Savior! Oh how much I love Him!

You should check out the music of Myrrh, or at least their testimony! I garentee it will give you chills!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great time! I'm so glad you enjoyed it! :)