Monday, December 26, 2005

After Christmas

I had a wonderful Christmas. Very busy, but wonderful all the same.

We did the usual on Christmas eve. After Ryan's nap we went to my parents house where we opened up gifts. It took us 3 1/2 hours this year! Every year my mom says she's cutting back on presents and every year there seems to be more than the previous year! Of course, Ryan was spoiled. He got so much stuff the poor thing doesn't know what to play with first! His favorite gifts include a Home Depot tool set he got from my brother, a remote control car he got from my other brother, and a slinkie that wasn't actually a Christmas gift he got from my brother.

After we opened gifts we went to my parents friend's house for their annual Christmas party. Lots of good food there! We didn't stay long though because it was way past Ryan's bedtime, and he was getting tired. Time to head home!

Christmas morning Ryan woke up and saw that Santa had came. We woke daddy up and then opened gifts from Santa and mommy and daddy. My favorite gift was a sweatshirt that Ryan gave me. It's a Green Bay Packers sweatshirt and it's nice and warm. Bob's favorite gift this year was a book I bought him. It's a book about cooking by Alton Brown (host of the show Good Eats on Food Network). It was a good Christmas this year. Even Cally got some nice things...her favorite being a toy mouse that she's been playing with since she got it!

Christmas afternoon we went back to my parents house for dinner. We had a nice rib roast. YUM! We also watched the Packers lose, but oh well...guess every Christmas can't be perfect!

It was a good year.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Sounds like a nice time!