Thursday, April 13, 2006

The Songwriter

About a month back I had written a song for my book. As I had mentioned before, I talked to my producer contact about it.

I wrote the song in about 2 weeks and then sent it to him via the yahoo group. He mentioned to me that it might take him a while to write the music since he was going through some personal problems at the time. I opted to let it go for a while--I didn't want to push it and it's not a huge deal if I don't get the music for this. It's just for a book anyway.

I had pretty much thought he had forgotten about it until this morning, when I received a message from him in the group letting me know he finished writing the music for the song! Holy cats!! If that isn't exciting enough, not only did he finish writing the music, but he's going to be working at a recording studio today and will see if he can get a few hours booked so he can record the music!!! Then he wants to get two singers (it's a duet) to sing it!!! When it's done he'll send me copies on CD!!!!!
He even believes we may have a "hit" on our hands!! haha

I'm just so excited about this!! My first song I've ever written...and now there will be music and singers to it!!! I wonder if I should go into songwriting for a profession? hhhmm, new career option! LOL

Now I'm visualizing my book being published with a CD! Not only can you read the book, but you can then hear the song that goes with it!

I'm now even more motivated to write this book and get it published!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Go Brenda!!

Cindy said...

Oh, THAT'S AWESOME! I think we need a sample mp3 to listen to online soon! :)