Saturday, April 29, 2006

PBS Auction!

Last night was the first night of the annual Milwaukee Public Television (PBS) fundraising auction! I wait all year for this! It's a televised event on PBS starting April 28- May 6 where viewers can call in to bid on items that have been donated by either other viewers or sponsers of PBS. It's a popular and famous event here. I love watching it! There have been incredible items and deals...we bought a few of our wolf paintings from the auction. They have more than art though...they also have services, clothes, knick knacks, etc. This year one of the featured artists is Andy Goralski. They are auctioning off copied prints of his painting of the one and only Brett Favre! I highly doubt I'd be able to get one of these because they will be going for big bucks, but I will certainly try!

Anyway, I will be glued to the tv all week hoping to bid on something good and help support PBS!

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Good luck!

Michelle said...

I agree it is great! We "the business" always sponsor a few tables, so now I watch to see them and end up bidding!! Our starts next week, so good luck!