Monday, April 10, 2006

Per request

Alright. I got a request to see some "old" pics of me back in my cheerleading days. Just to warn you, I don't have a scanner, so I had to take pics of pics. Not the best quality, but you get the idea.

This one is when I was a football cheerleader at Lakeland College in Sheboygan WI. I was only at that school for a year, and only a cheerleader for the one football season. It was my first time being a cheerleader. I never even had to try out for the squad since they had such a low response, and we weren't a "professional" squad at that point. We were the Lakeland Muskies (yes, a fish). The camp we had when I first got there was so much fun. It was the best time I've ever had being a cheerleader. It wasn't a professional UCA camp...it was just a camp for us on the squad held on campus. It was held the week before classes started, so we had virtually most of the campus to ourselves. We spent most of the days working out, learning routines, learning about each other. I made some good friends that way and we really built up our loyalty and friendships.
The cheering itself was so much fun. I learned so much about cheering and football! haha When I was a cheerleader there, I didn't even know what a first and ten was or anything about football! haha Now I love football! Anyway, when I think of cheering, I usually think of this one semester where I had the most fun. Here is a pic...I was 18 yrs old on this pic, my freshman year at college.

Image hosting by Photobucket


Here is the picture from my cheering days at Cardinal Stritch University (College at the time..they changed to University status after I graduated). I attented there for 3.5 yrs, and cheered for 3 of those years. We didn't have a football team, so we cheered for basketball and soccer. We were the Stritch Crusaders. It was fun for the first few years. We went to a UCA cheer camp for a week. However, I wish we had a personal camp like Lakeland did it. I think we didn't gel very well as a squad...there were quite a few big egos, many non-dedicated ladies, and some that were in it just for the status. We were all also on different cheer levels too. It was hard and at times very frustrating. I finally got so fed up with it I ended up quiting my senior year, 2 weeks before the end of the season. I could have finished out the season since we only had 4 games left, but I was so fed up with the big egos I couldn't stand it anymore.
Anyway, at times it was fun. I still do miss it. I also still have the uniform...they were getting new ones the following year; they changed the colors and the name of the team since they were switching to unversity status. I doubt I can still fit into it though. LOL I was about 21 when this pic was taken.

Image hosting by Photobucket

There's your blast from the past! Hope you enjoyed it!

"Without cheerleading, it's only a game."

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Oh, those pictures are GREAT!!! Thanks so much for sharing. :) I especially love the Lakeland one - you look so young and sweet. :)

Michelle said...

I love looking at old photos!! Thanks for sharing!