Monday, March 06, 2006

My phone call

I talked to my contact today..the producer guy that gave me his phone number. It was awesome! He is such a nice guy, and very helpful!! I'm so excited!!

I called him (after about a half hour of pacing and 5 tries at dialing the number....Just a wee bit nervous!) and got his voice mail, so I left a message. He called me back about 5 minutes later. It was a little awkward at first, but it always is the first time you talk to someone on the phone. Anyway, we talked about the song I will be writing for my novel. He gave me some tips on how to write it, and offered to write the music for it when I'm finished! How cool is that?! So we only talked for a few minutes and he had to get another phone call. He called me back about a half hour later. We chit chatted for a bit about our kids (he has a 17 yr old), where we live (or lived), the yahoo group, and of course, briefly, about Michael. The coolest thing....he is Michael's childhood friend and has now reconnected with him! He even talks to Michael's mom and dad and brothers! It blows my mind that I was talking to someone who personally knows him! wow! LOL
So anyway, I will write the lyrics, then I will send them to him and he will write the music. Very cool. He also told me I'm welcome to call him anytime if I have a question or anything. Very down to earth, easy going guy. :D

What would be even more cool.....If I can get this book published, to have the CD of the song with the book. So that way readers can hear the song that the book talks about! Something to pitch to a publisher!

So now I need to write this song!! Wish me luck with that! I think I may need it!

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Oooh, very cool! Can't wait to see what you come up with for the song.

Anonymous said...

How exciting Brenda!! Good Luck!1