Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Love Song

So I'm getting to the point in my novel where I need to write a song. This should be interesting. I don't know anything about music or writing a song! I've written a total of 2 songs in my life, and both were pretty bad (at least I thought so anyway).
I can write decent poetry...so maybe I should write it as a poem first, then revise it. I'm not sure.

I also need to come up with some really strong lyrics. This is going to be a love song (a monster ballad if you will) about two former lovers who meet up again and realize they are meant for each other. But I need the lyrics to be really strong...making you feel their feelings, like you are one of them. I feel too much pressure to make this good!!

So anyway, that is where I am at in this book. I'm still a few scenes away from needing the song, but I need to start thinking about it. It's coming up quick.

I'm about half way done with writing the book now! Once it's all written, I will then go back and edit and revise. The fun stuff. haha

If anyone has any tips or suggestions on how to write a really good love song, please feel free to let me know!!

No comments: