Monday, March 20, 2006

Great Friends

Today I took Ryan to my parents house so they could watch him for the afternoon. I had a really nice, and much needed, girls day out! I got together with my good friend Amy. I used to be best friends with her since grade school/high school. She was my maid of honor at my wedding. We used to get together or at least talk every day back then, but when I went to college we drifted a part a little. She is 3 years younger than me, which now is no big deal, but back then it was hard since she was still in high school while I was in college. We had our own group of friends and were at different places in our lives. We still kept in touch and got together a few times a year though. Anyway, we finally got together today.

I had a blast! I love hanging out with her...I can tell we are still best friends because when we get together, no matter how long it's been since we last saw each other, it always feels like no time has passed since our high school days when we were practically joined at the hip! We talked and talked, about old times, new times, future times, our men in our life, and so much more. It was a blast. We went out to eat, had great Chinese food- I ate way too much as always. LOL After lunch we went shopping! woo hoo! I actually bought some stuff...mostly for Ryan. I at least bought one thing for myself...I nice pair of jeans! yay! Then we went back to her place and chatted a bit more.

It was so much fun. We promised to get together again soon. Hopefully we can fulfil that promise this time! I really miss her.

On another note though....both Bob and Ryan are now sick. :( So I have both a whiny husband and whiny 3 yr old to deal with!! LOL Good thing I had that break today! haha

No comments: