Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Darn OPKs!!

One thing I hate about ttc...those darn OPKs!! Why can't they just make OPKs that are easy to read? One line your not Oing, two lines you are Oing. None of this if one line is darker that means you are Oing but if the other line is darker a bird on the other side of the world just ate a donut! huh? exactly!!! Darn OPKs!!
I took one yesterday (of course because I have to satisfy my urge to POAS since CD 12!), and the test line was barely there. Definite neg. Today I take the test at the same time as always, and I can barely tell if it's neg or not! The test line is real dark...but not quite as dark as the control line. So is it neg or pos? Of course I record it as neg because while looking at it for 10 minutes straight, holding it up to the light, and scrutinizing it at every angle, it doesn't make it any less pos. Now the real question...what do I do with this info? Should I take another test at 6pm to make sure I don't miss the surge? Or should I just record it as neg, act like it's neg, and take another one tomorrow? I normally would do that, but because Bob's libido is so darn low most of the time....I don't want to BD unless absolutely necessary. (sounds bad I know, but he doesn't like to BD more than once every few days). But I don't want to miss out on our chance of getting pg this cycle either...since we are paying out of pocket for the clomid. *sigh* Those darn OPKs!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck Brenda...those things frustrate me! Making the time to take them at the "correct" time of day is a big deal for me.

Anonymous said...

good luck on the clomid thing. I am up to a dose of 7days and will continue to try IUI's your cuz kani

Cindy said...

OPK's are evil! I hope you caught your eggie.

Anonymous said...

Brenda: I hate the OPKs too. I actually got fed up with trying to read the lines and spent the extra money on the digital OPKs. If the digital detects an LH surge you get a smiley face if not just a circle, no more comparing lines. I use the Clearblue OPKs.

Mary