Sunday, October 16, 2005

Pure Joy

Today I'm feeling much better than yesterday. Spending time with God though always does that for me. The songs we sang at service today were all about the joy of God. Do I have joy in my heart? Do I know the pure joy of God? Answer: sometimes. Sadly I don't always, but then no one does since we are all sinners. I know certainly the last several months I have been working on that..learning to see all of God's goodness through everything, including my trials in ttc. Sometimes though life gets in the way! Today I was reminded to continue to do that...to continue to remember God's joy and love, and that He ultimately is in control. So if I'm pg, great! If I'm not, that's ok too. He is in control and in His timing, I will see the plan He has for me.
There was a song we sang today that really made me think:

Trading my sorrows
Trading my shame
Laying them down
for the joy of the Lord.

Trading my trials
Trading my pain
Laying them down
for the joy of the Lord.

How awesome is that?!

I'm definitely going to keep that in mind in the next few days to keep my mind off of whether I'm pg or not. What does it matter when you know the pure joy of the Lord? I love Sundays!

No comments: