Thursday, October 13, 2005

More about me

Last night I decided to go through some old (I mean old) pictures to prepare for this presentation I have coming up. Talk about walking down amnesia lane! First off.. most of these pictures were from my high school days....and wow....talk about the hair!! I still can't believe I was seen walking outside the house with my hair that high and that much haispray! If a flame got anywhere near my hair it would have gone up like Michael Jackson! too frightening to say the least! Anyway, as I was looking back at these pictures, it just reminds me of all the fun times I had back in high school. It was, for the most part, fun and exciting. However, it's not really high school I care to talk about (at least not right now). I had so many pictures of my best friend at the time. The two of us hanging out at my house or hers, the two of us on a trip to Chicago with her family, the two of us having a great time on various New Year's Eves, and the list goes on. We were so close back then. Now, not so close. We still talk once in a while, we are still friends, but nothing like it was back then. We are in different seasons in our lives right now. She is single, living with her boyfriend, working 2 jobs, enjoying a busy, spontaneous lifestyle of going out on vacations frequently and movies and such. I'm in the married and motherhood season. I am now a Christian, married, have a child (with hopefully more to come), no longer spontaneous, no longer having the money to go anywhere! Our lives are just so different now that I think it's hard for one to relate to the other. I still love her, don't get me wrong. And there are times I really miss our traditional New Year's parties, or our long talks on the beach, or our crazy giggle fests! Maybe someday we will rekindle that deep rooted friendship.
Not sure though how many of those high school pics I will use for my presentation though...those were some nasty hair days!

2 comments:

Cindy said...

You should post some of the pics so we can laugh at your hair. :) On my blog, nothing gets more comments than bad pictures of me!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful job you are doing with your blog! I don't blog but I do journal and it has been so very helpful to me, as I know this will be to you! I also had the big hair......I am waiting on it to come back into style! LOL! J/K I am pretty sure that I would never be able to get it that big again!
I will keep checking in here to see how you are doing!