Tuesday, October 11, 2005

CLOMID!!

I can barely contain myself this afternoon!!! My OB has prescribed clomid for me next cycle!!! I'm just so thrilled...I haven't been this excited since...well, since I can remember! (clomid is a fertility drug). My appt went very well. She discussed everything she found during the lap and HSG...even showing me pictures. Grant it, I like knowing my body, but the picture thing was a little more intimate than I cared to know! At any rate, all looks good. She can't say for sure whether my right tube is blocked or not. She said the dye didn't spill out and it could be either because of a blockage or a spasm. All I can do is hope for the best right? I asked if I could take clomid now to treat my LPD that I have. And sure enough, she writes out a prescription for 50mg clomid for next cycle, along with a blood draw on CD 21. Then she said if the clomid doesn't work by the 4th month, we can do clomid and progesterone together!!! Have I mentioned how much I love my OB!! I could have hugged her on the way out, but I refrained....didn't want her to think I was some weirdo and then taken back the prescription!!

So now I'm just waiting for af to show...which should be next week sometime, provided I'm not pg...which I don't believe I am anyway. On to a new phase in my ttc journey!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woo hoo! I'm praying for you Brenda!! - Michelle

Cindy said...

Congrats on the Clomid, Brenda. And I hope you like blogging as much as I do! :)

Anonymous said...

Brenda,

I am so happy for you! I can't wait for you to start on the clomid. I just know it's going to work great, and I can't wait to see you get that BFP you so deserve!

Love, Alli

P.S. Your blog is awesome. I love the colour! ;)

Anonymous said...

My name is Helen Page and i would like to show you my personal experience with Clomid.

I am 30 years old. I have taken for 3 months. My progesterone level after my first dose of Clomid was 65 so I knew that I had ovulated. Couldn't try the second cycle on it because my husband went out-of-town while I was O'ing, go figure. Hoping it worked this month!!

I have experienced some of these side effects-
Mood swings, increased appetite, hot flashes, increased pain during ovulation, abdominal pain, mild but infrequent headaches. Also, I used to be on a consistent 28 day cycle, but I think Clomid might have lengthened it as I'm now on a 31-32 day cycle.

I hope this information will be useful to others,
Helen Page