Tuesday, January 02, 2007

My book

I haven't blogged about my book in a while. It's been kinda touch and go thing for the last few months. It's difficult for me these days to stay up to write or have the energy, or the concentration! Not to mention since it's winter time I don't like coming downstairs at night on the computer since it's COLD down here. I like to write on dh's laptop...but now that I'm in the middle of the 3rd trimester....the laptop doesn't really "fit" on my lap so much. haha

Anyway, I have been slowly trucking away at it. There is a light at the end of the tunnel!! I am almost done with it! I am in the process of writing the climax! After that I just have the resolution and the epilogue to write and that's it!! Then the first draft will be done! Which was my goal by the time the baby gets here. Now I just need to keep at it until I finish the draft. Just a few more weeks left!

Just wanted to update on my progress. :)

5 comments:

Shawna said...

Sounds good, Brenda. The stats show an average of 3-5 years per book for most authors, so you are doing great!

Have you tried to find an agent? and how has that been? There is a list of agents and what they are looking for in The Writer'sMarket that is published each year...check your library for the newest edition if you haven't found an agent or publisher yet:-)

Cindy said...

Glad to hear things are moving along.

Anonymous said...

Good for you Brenda! I was wondering about your book lately; I am so glad that you're still perusing it! I can't wait to read it someday!

and rudeness said...

That is an awesome goal to have! I hope that one day I am reading your book cause I picked it up from Barnes & Noble!

Mary said...

thats awesome brenda! I cant wait to see and buy your book in the book store!