Wednesday, January 10, 2007

And so it goes...

We had another casaulty in our house.

3 of our 5 new fish died. Just 3 days after we got them.

I didn't tell Ryan about it this time. I wanted to avoid another horrible crying fit...and I didn't want him thinking that when something new comes to live with us it dies. After all, he's getting a baby brother....coming sometime in the next 5 weeks or so. Don't want him thinking it will happen to him!

So I quietly took the fish out while he was napping (I'm so sneaky) and hid it in a plastic cup on the counter until daddy got home. After Ryan went to bed daddy went back to the pet store and returned the fish. (they are garenteed for 15 days after purchase). They tested our water and it turns out we have a high something or other in our tank that kills off tetras. Our other fish are fine because they aren't tetras. So we need to fix that if we want any other kinds.

I haven't told Ryan the fish are gone. He fed them this morning and hasn't noticed that 3 of them are gone. Go figure. If he does notice I will tell him of course, but for now I'm leaving well enough alone! LOL I don't want to give him a complex that everything dies right away!

2 comments:

and rudeness said...

Poor fishy! I am glad you were able to "take care of things" quietly... you sneaky thing you!

Shawna said...

No need to tell him if he doesn't notice...poor fisy!