Thursday, January 18, 2007

Another one bites the dust

Yep, that's right. Another fish. Gone. Dead. Sitting on the bottom of the fish tank. I haven't even taken it out yet. I'm letting daddy handle it this time.

Ryan knows it croaked...though because we didn't do the whole flush-it-down-the-toilet thing, he was sad but seemed to recover quickly.
I think we still have 1 day left to take it back to get a refund.

I'm really wondering if our tank is rejecting any and all new fish that come within a 5 foot radius of it. Out of the 5 fish we got 2 weeks ago, only 1 currently is surviving.

Either that or the 3 remaining original fish that are in there are attack fish. They seem docile, but maybe when the lights are off they are actually bullies. Maybe they are killer fish. *singing jaws theme*

So now we need to figure out what's wrong with our water and tank before we get more fish. It's literally like throwing money down the drain.

4 comments:

Mary said...

have you tried bringing a sample of your water into the pet store? maybe they can test the water for something..

good luck!

Anonymous said...

Hi Brenda, since I'm from Milwaukee too can I recommend that you give a fish store (Hofer's is a good one) a call and they'll help you figure out what is wrong with your water. Glad to have to at the QOTD .... let me know if you'd like to be on my blogroll.

Anonymous said...

Maybe you need a chlorine (equalizer), takes the chlorine out of the water. Not sure, but I'd get the water tested. That's a lot of fish in a short time!

Glad Ryan handled it better this time!

Cindy said...

Sorry about all the dead fish. :-(