Thursday, May 31, 2007

I know I know

I know I've been neglecting my blog as of recent. Which is sad since I know I have quite a few readers, a few whom are new. I'm working on it...I swear!

To let you know why I haven't been posting a whole lot...here's a brief description of what's been going on.

Bob was on vacation all last week. When he's off from work I have a difficult time sticking to any routine...not really that I had much of a routine anymore since Kyle, but I still don't do many things I normally do when he's not here (gee, like spend hours on the computer perhaps)

The first weekend he went on vacation was busy. Saturday we were at my parents house celebrating Mother's Day, my birthday, and Bob's birthday (Mine was on the 26th and Bob's was on the 22nd). Sunday was spent at church, doing things around the house, and spending some family time together.

Monday Bob and I stained the deck while my parents watched the kids (BIG thanks to them!). It was a loooooong job as it is a big deck, but we managed to finally get it done just before sunset.
Tuesday was Bob's birthday. He took most of the day off (other than cutting the grass) and I spent a good portion of the day spring cleaning.
Wed. Bob put in a new back door and screen door to go with out freshly stained deck. It was quite a project that took all day. I spent most of the time taking care of the kids.
Thursday he finished the door and we spent some family time together.
Friday I ended up getting sick (lovely). We did go to the store though and Bob is building a PVR. (it's just like DVR but from a computer and can do sooo much more).
Saturday was my birthday. I spent the morning taking Ryan to a pancake/breakfast birthday party for one of his friends. It wasn't too bad...I got to talk to a few of the other moms and had some pancakes too. (shhh...and don't tell anyone that I also had a glass of champaigne and orange juice while there.) Didn't do a whole lot for my birthday...I did get some computer time...but when you are so far behind anyway (sorry everyone for not keeping up on your blogs....I'm working on it really!!) it's so hard to keep up. I have about a bazillion places I need to go on the net that I can't do it all anymore in the short time I have now.
Sunday we all went to church as a family (FINALLY) and both Ryan and Kyle got dedicated. It was so sweet and wonderful. Sunday night my parents took the kids again and Bob and I went to a party (I will share about that in a separate post as soon as I get the pics uploaded).
Monday was Memorial Day and I spent the day cleaning and cleaning and more cleaning while Bob worked on the PVR. Then my parents brought the kids home and stayed for dinner where we had a grill out! YUM!

And this week it's been crazy trying to get back to life without Bob here all day again. Amazing how quickly we get used to things isn't it?

So that's what it's been like here. Crazy crazy.
I'll make a point to actually post about the party sometime today or tomorrow.

Oh yeah! And during my computer time I actually was able to work on my book! I wrote a page and a half!! woo hoo!!!

1 comment:

Shawna said...

Isn't it funny how the whole routine changes when the men are home--I swear I get nothing done and everything done LOL Nothing thta I want too and everything we needed too!