Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Mother's Day

I had a very nice mother's day. Didn't get to do exactly what I wanted to do, but it was still a very nice day.

I slept in a half hour while Bob got up with the kids. It was so nice...especially since Kyle had been up twice that night! When I got up I took a shower and breakfast was ready for me when I got out! Eggs, toast, bacon. Yum! (I have a wonderful hubby that likes to cook!)
After breakfast I was able to read the paper...sort of. For a few minutes and then I had to feed Kyle. LOL
Before I left for church Bob gave me a gift from himself and the kids.
It's a brand new Bible!! I'm so excited....it's the Bible I have been wanting for some time now. The Bible I currently have was given to me by my mentor, my friend who helped me come to Christ. But it is getting old and worn. I really wanted to get a Life Application Study Bible....it has tons of info in it like maps, guidelines, explanations, life applications, cross referencing, etc. It is awesome! The only problem I have with using it now is all my notes and underlines are in the other Bible! LOL But it's like reading it all over again, which is awesome.

I was able to use my new Bible at Sunday School. Then during service I had to work in the infant nursery....so I wasn't able to go to service. It wasn't too bad...lots of babies but they were all good (including Kyle!). I did get a rose too....my church gives a red rose to all mothers.

After service I came home and finished reading the paper, spent some time on the computer, did dishes (yeah, I know, but what ya gonna do? LOL). I played with Ryan for a bit outside and just enjoyed sitting at home being waited on. LOL

For dinner we went out to Famous Dave's (Thanks Shawna....you had me craving that! LOL). Both the kids did well too until we were just about ready to leave. Ryan was at his limit and Kyle was getting over stimulated. But I have lots of leftovers.....which I did have for lunch today!

In the evening I just sat and vegged on the couch, watching tv. It was a nice day.

Though the one thing I really wanted to do was write my book. oh well. Guess we can't have it all! LOL

Hope you had a good Mother's Day too.

5 comments:

Shawna said...

Sounds very nice, Brenda! It's the simple things that make life so worth living :-)

Bev Sykes said...

Got your link from the QOTD site. It sound like you had a good Mother's Day. Shawna is right--sometimes it's the simple things that make life worth living.

Anonymous said...

awwww sounds like you had a great mothers day! congrats!

Unknown said...

BTW that last comment was from me :) forgot to sign in!

Anonymous said...

LOL! I did dishes on Mother's Day too! :-)