Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Wisconsin State Fair

We went to the Wisconsin State Fair this past Friday. We had lots of fun! It was a bit warm, but we brought our own water jugs and just refilled them every time we saw a bubbler (for those that aren't accustomed to Wisconsinese, it's a drinking fountain). We saved a lot of money on water that way.

It was Jelly Belly day and we got to see a bunch of jelly belly cars, and got a free sample of some of the jelly bellies. Go figure, we live 15 minutes away from the jelly belly factory, yet we've never been there.



We had tons to eat. Wisconsin famous Baked potato, fries, ice cream, milk, roasted corn (which I had been craving), and the infamous cream puff. You can't go to the WI state fair and not get a cream puff! YUM! Here are some food facts about the fair too.

Ryan loved the animals. He got to pet a cow, a rabbit, and a horse. We also saw the famous racing pigs, and he learned how to milk a cow!




Here he is with a hat we received in the pig barn.



By the end of the day we were all tired...I think Ryan actually outlasted me..but not by much! I was so tired that I actually didn't do anything the whole next day. It wore me out. But it was fun! Definitely worth it!

2 comments:

Cindy said...

looks like fun!

MandaCakes said...

Glad to hear you guys (or should I say "youse guys"?) had a good time! I used to live in Wisconsin, and still have family there. Wish I could have been there with you!