Friday, August 11, 2006

Are you ready for some football?!

It's August already, and you know what that means? FOOTBALL!!! It's time for some football!! I can't wait!
The actual season doesn't start until next month, but this weekend starts the beginning of the preseason games, which, believe it or not, are just as exciting. (Maybe even more so since they don't count).

I'm sure you all know who my favorite team is.....Green Bay, the only team you are pretty much allowed to cheer for when living in Wisconsin. Go Packers Go! (yes, I'm a bonafied cheesehead...and gosh darn it, I'm PROUD of it!). I'm so so so happy that Brett Favre decided to play another season..not only is he good, but he's so darn cute too. :) I'm a little worried this may be his last season....it will be such a sad day when he retires. *sigh*. Though I'm kinda hoping the new rookie QB Brian Wrobel is good..maybe he can someday replace Favre. Not that anyone can actually replace him, but Wrobel is a Wisconsin native (from La Crosse) and he's cute! That's important in a QB you know. :)

Anyway, as the season goes on you can bet I will be blogging about it. Football is pretty close to the only sport I'll actually watch. (and I actually understand most of it..thanks to my cheerleading days and a hubby who explains things well).

And to get you started...here's a good blinkie! Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

So I'm ready to kick back, grab a Miller (well, for me water), and watch some football!

So are you ready?

3 comments:

MandaCakes said...

I'm not a big football fan, but as a Wisconsin native, who ELSE can I root for if not the PACKERS?!?! It's in my blood. Go Green Bay! (Even if I never watch a single game, LOL!)

HazMatt said...

Go PAC, GO!
Nice blog as well. :)

Brenda said...

Mandacakes- it's ok if you don't watch. You are a cheesehead at heart, and that's what counts!

hazmatt- thanks! Hope you keep reading!