Tuesday, January 21, 2014

So it's been a while.....

Hey! Yeah, I bet you never thought I'd write on this again. To tell you the truth, I completely forgot about it until this very moment. I'm not even sure why I even remembered.

So a lot has happened since I last wrote. Apparently that was back in 2011. It's now 2014!

I don't even think I mention all the things that have happened. But I can start with what's new currently.

So for the first time in 12 years, since I moved back to Wisconsin in 2002 and became a mom, I have a job outside the home!
Since we moved back to Wisconsin, my husband and I decided it was best for me to stay home and raise our kids (well, one kid at that point in time). One kid became two. And so I've been a stay at home mom for the past 12 years. This is now the second year both my boys have been in school full time.

I thought I'd have so much free time once they went in school. I was so joyous at the thought of having 7 hours a day to myself, in hopes of keeping the house clean, shopping by myself, and actually doing things I enjoyed like writing and scrapbooking. But then I got involved in the school. And my "me" time dwindled.
I became very involved in PTA, becoming VP for one year, and then on to President for 2 years. This year I have continued to volunteer at the school on a regular basis (sans PTA), plus I also bring my dog to school twice a week (she's a certified therapy dog). So it's no surprise that at the beginning of this year one of the teachers asked me why I wasn't getting paid for being there (ie, why wasn't I a teacher). I had no idea that I could sub without an education degree/license. In fact, all I need is the BA that I never used!
Long story short, I was hired by RUSD last week and am heading out to orientation tomorrow! It will be nice to finally get a paycheck for what I pretty much already do. Except I won't get paid for bringing Lucy (my dog) to school.

I still like to scrapbook and write, but unfortunately those things are still on the backburner until someday when I have time. Eventually. For now I'm very excited about this new venture in my life.

On to the next chapter!

No comments: