Friday, January 31, 2014

Day 6 #100daysofhappiness

I was thinking about it yesterday, but I didn't have time to sit down and write about my happy moment. So I'm already a bit behind.

Day 6: gratefulness. I spent a lot of time at my boys' school, mostly volunteering (though I now am a substitute teacher, I have yet to actually work as one). Thursdays is my usual day I spent all day at the school. I work in two classes, then spend the rest of the time doing various projects for teachers. Most of this school year I have been working on leveling books, first the guided readers that goes with the curriculum, then various teachers' personal libraries. Now, I do these things, not because I want accolades or acknowledgement, but because I know the teachers don't have time to do these things and I like helping out. I had spent three months doing the fourth grade libraries, and the teachers decided to go in on a gift card for me to a restaurant. I was truly grateful for it, though they really didn't need to get me anything. I do it because I know it needs to be done. So day 6 is all about gratefulness, how they are grateful for my help, and I'm grateful they appreciate it. That makes me happy :)

No comments: