Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Day 5 #100daysofhappiness

This past fall I trained and tested my dog to become a therapy dog. While we can go to places such as nursing homes and hospitals, I opt to take her to the school where kids read to her. Lucy absolutely loves the attention, and really enjoys listening to the kids reading. It makes a huge difference for the kids reading levels, and it makes some children feel more at ease when they know they can read to someone that won't judge them.

Day 5: Taking Lucy to school. I love taking her to the school. I find it rather amusing that when I am in the school with her, the kids usually don't notice me. They will say hi to the dog first.
She is such a sweet and calm dog, and most kids love reading to her or petting her. It really makes me happy to know I'm helping kids become better readers, just by bringing my dog to the school.

No comments: