Monday, March 05, 2007

To answer some questions....

Apparently there are quite a few people out there that are looking up my blog wanting to find out what happened to simplymoms. Almost every day there seems to be at least one person who happened upon my blog looking for it. I hadn't realized SM was really that popular.

Anyway, for those that are nosy and want to know, here's the scoop.

I'm not going into any major details or anything, but basically what happened was creative differences between the staff and the admin. When some drama went down on the board itself, the admin decided she didn't want to deal with all the stuff anymore and opted to shut down the board and spend more time with her family. That was back in Dec and it has been down since. I don't see it coming back anytime soon. Tha'ts all that needs to be said.

But for those that are looking for a new parenting message board, I am a moderator at a really cool one called "The Mommy Lobby". Check it out. If you are looking for someone in particular that used to be on SM, you may find them here. Many of the former members went on to this board.

Simplymoms was great for the 5 years it was in existence. But things change and life goes on. Hope to see you at TML!

2 comments:

Shawna said...

Well put, Brenda!

tinamtl said...

Brenda! Hey there! I haven't been on these blogs for a long time. How are you!

I stumbled across this one post...very interesting to read! It's funny because so many people were angry and hurt by what happened at sm and how it happened - saying alot of things...and as soon as it came back up. Almost everybody went back in a flash. So strange but kind of funny too.

Anyhow - I hope you are doing well and your kids are good!!!!