Tuesday, March 13, 2007

MIA

Yes, I have been MIA as of recent. I hope to be back posting on a regular basis very soon.

To let you know what I've been up to...besides taking care of a very active preschooler and a newborn....

I have been experiencing postpartum depression. I was hoping to avoid it this time around...and thought I may have been in the clear as the first 3 weeks were great. But no such luck. Around the 3rd week I started to feel depressed, anxious, sad, lonely, scared. I was hoping it would pass, but it continued to get worse.
So I started medication last week and unfortunately, had to discontinue nursing. I truly miss it, but it was the best decision for me...I had to do it for my own emotional well being.

Now I'm starting to feel better. Not 100% yet mind you, but enough that I'm able to cope with things much better. I'm starting to enjoy being a mom again.

I had severe PPD when I had Ryan. It was a horrible horrible experience and I never wanted to be in the dark place again. Luckily I caught it early enough this time that I didn't get that bad.

So that's what's been going on with me.

I hope to be back to my normal happy posting self shortly!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're in my thoughts Bren! I had thought you may be over the hump too, but I guess it can hit anytime in the first year.

*hugs* Take Care!! I'm here if you'd like to talk!

Shawna said...

Hope you will be feeling like your regular self real soon, Brenda!

Michelle said...

Kudos to you...stepping up to the plate to take care of yourself. I'm sorry you had to quit nursing, but it's the best choice you could make for yourself, as well as your family. I'll send some prayers up for you.

Cindy said...

I'm sorry you're having to deal with that, Brenda, but I'm very glad that you took care of things before it got too bad. Good for you.