Saturday, February 16, 2008

Sorry for delay

My how time gets past me these days.

I haven't been posting much due to several reasons:

Illness. This has been a bad season for my family. We all have been sick off and on for the past month. I think it's because Ryan is in school and brings home all the lovely illnesses. The achy/fever flu went through our household a few weeks ago. Once we all got over that, the stomach flu came with a vengence. I think now we are all finally back up to normal...for now. Who knows what's going to hit us next!

myspace. I have literally been obsessed with myspace recently. Funny how that happens. You go from not liking something at all to completely loving it. Actually, that's how most things in my life go. I remember feeling that way about Bob, and then I married him. I felt that way about computers (I seriously felt I had no use for computers whatsoever) and look at me now! It was the same with myspace. I refused to go on it for the longest time. Then I opted to get an account just to see what the hype was about. And then I found friends. And I realized Michael was on there and could be his "friend". And I started liking it. Little by little.
About a week ago an old high school friend whom I haven't talked to since graduation I think found me on myspace. It was so exciting to hear from her! And it really made me think. Could there be others out there? So I spent several hours searching all over myspace for other high school classmates. And it didn't stop there. No. I went on a search for friends from college. I found some from high school, but didn't find any from college. I'm not surprised as the colleges are much broader to find someone in.
So I have been constantly checking my myspace, keeping updated on it, writing messages, etc.

my book: I'm still attempting to finish editing my book. I'm half done with it now. But I have very little free time these days (and what little free time I have seems to be taken by myspace!!) so it's going slow. However, as mentioned above, I found a friend from HS whom is also a writer. She has written several books (non published) and seems to have more experience in the whole attempting to publish thing. She has motivated me to write more as we are going to exchange books to edit/read. Very exciting!

At any rate, I'm attempting to keep up on here.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Oh my... you got sucked into myspace, huh? :) Well, I'm glad you're having fun.

Sandy said...

You know, the only reason I got my MySpace account was to reconnect with people. Some of my cousins only have an account with MySpace and nothing else. I knew that it was a pretty popular site. Sometimes, I just get irritated with it and think about deleting it! But it's had some good come out of it, wouldn't you say? ;-)