Monday, February 18, 2008

Kyle's one year check-up

My little chipmunk is doing great! He is 19 lbs 6 oz and 29 inches. He is in the 5th percentile. I was a little disappointed about that as he was in the 50th percentile at 6 months. But the doctor isn't worried because Ryan is small...he never made it above the 5th percentile so Kyle is right about where his brother was. LOL

He is right on target and perfectly healthy.

Our next task is to wean off the bottle (wish me luck) and to switch from formula to whole milk. I will be doing this slowly sometime in the next...few weeks or so. I'm a little nervous about taking away the bottle. He only has one bottle a day, but it happens to be in the middle of the night. Guess eventually I'll have to suck it up and deal with crying for a few nights!

He received two shots and took them very well, though he was cranky this evening.

Ryan got a shot too. He had to have the second chicken pox vacc. He was so brave...he told the nurse he was going to go first. LOL I let him have a lollipop. :)

My baby is now a toddler. Time sure flies.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Hi there, I'm blog surfing tonight. My little guy is 13 months old and I get unnerved by the percentiles, too. My husband and I recently hosted a potluck for other parents of kids about the same age as our son, while we were discussing the percentages that our children were, it became apparent that it really doesn't matter. Every child was a reflection of their parents. Ilana is teeny tiny and off the charts. Her parents are short and thin. Lincoln is tall and skinny. His parents are tall and skinny. June is average; her parents are average. I say don't look at the percentiles; look at yourself and your husband. I'll bet your child is similar in build to one of you, if not both.

Best wishes of good health and happiness to you and your family.

Cindy said...

Glad to hear he's healthy! He's growing up so fast!

Mary said...

I can't believe how fast they are growing up. Glad that his checkup went well.