Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Book Tag

Shawna at the Homeschooling Experience tagged me with a book meme. I couldn't pass up an opportunity to do a book meme.

The Rules:

1. Pick up the nearest book of at least 123 pages.

2. Open the book to page 123

3. Find the 5th sentence.

4. Post the next 3 sentences.

5. Tag 5 people


"And as they sit together in the car, his father revisits a field 209 kilometers from Howrah. With his fingers lightly grasping the bottom of the steering wheel, his gaze directed through the windshield at the garage door, he tells Gogol the story of the train he'd ridden twenty-eight years ago, in October 1961, on his way to visit his grandfather in Jamshedpur. He tells him about the night that had nearly taken his life, and the book that had saved him, and about the year afterward, when he'd been unable to move."

~The Namesake by Jhumpa Lahiri

I had just received this book from a friend of mine. She read it and recommended it to me. She likes to buy books, read them once, and then usually gives them to me. Me, on the other hand, am a book hoarder. I collect them! I haven't started reading this one yet. I just hadn't put it away yet! hahaha

I don't have many people I can tag that hasn't done this yet. So Cindy, it's all for you girl! gives you something to do while you are waiting for that baby girl to make her appearance!

No comments: