Friday, August 31, 2007

The rest of the vacation...

Alright, I put you guys through enough suspense.....time to let you know about the rest of my vacation (more like I finally found some time to type).

After our trip to Lambeau, we went to my friend Colleen's house. Colleen, as I have mentioned in a previous post, is a friend I made a few years ago from Simplymoms.com and met a few months back IRL. We have become very close friends and we all decided it would be great if we could spend a weekend together. And what a weekend it was! It was just about perfect. We knew we would have a great time, but none of us expected it to be so good. Colleen and I talked like we have known each other forever, the kids got along great like brother and sister, the babies were so cute together, and the guys hit it off pretty well too. It was wonderful.
Ryan and Alia (Colleen's 2 yr old). Brother and sister? Future couple?
Kyle and Alyssa (who is only a week older than Kyle) having an in depth conversation about the blocks.

Colleen and I

So after we get there, feed the babies and get settled, we go out to Bay Beach. What an amazing place! An old fashioned amusement park where the rides are only .25 cents or .50 cents. Nice and cheap...and the kids loved it! Us adults even had some fun! Colleen and I went on the swings together...man it was like being a teen again! haha
Ryan dragged me on the slide. It was a bit scary at first but lots of fun! I went down it twice, and Ryan talked daddy into going once.


We spent the weekend at Colleen's house. I figured we would all stay in the guest bedroom (should have known cramming 4 people, including one being a baby, in one room wouldn't work!) but it didn't work out that way. I put Kyle to bed first in the playpen, then Ryan a half hour later. Ryan freaked out and didn't want to be alone and ended up waking Kyle up. It was a big mess. So Ryan ended up sleeping on a futon in small room in the basement, and Bob slept on the couch in the basement. Kyle and I stayed in the guest room. In the end it all worked out.

On Sat we went down to Appleton, WI to a children's museum. It was an amazing place for kids to play and learn and explore. It was very reasonably priced too! Ryan had a blast, and I got into it too.
The museum had a children's Kwik Trip in it! Ryan got a kick out of that. Behind it is also a convenience store. LOL
They had a water fountain there along with other water things. As you can see, Kyle was less than thrilled.
My fire-boys!

The rest of Sat we just spent lounging around Colleen's, and having a barbeque. Sat night the first preseason Packer football game was on. Unfortunately I didn't see much of it as I was either talking to Colleen or taking care of Kyle, but the guys watched it. (Doesn't it figure? LOL)

Sunday Kyle and I went with Colleen and family to her church. Bob and Ryan opted to stay at the house. I tried my hardest to get Ryan to go, but he wanted to stay with daddy. Anyway, it was incredible. My church is very small...only about 200 or so members. Hers is about 5,000 members! I was stunned by how huge the place was. And I even saw a Packer there (KGB) but didn't have a chance to say hello.

After church we went to their church picnic and had some yummy food. Ryan even got to find a toad. LOL

Once we finished lunch, it was time to head back home. Not surprisingly, both boys slept most of the car ride back home. We wore them out!
It was a wonderful vacation and though short, we crammed a lot of stuff in there. It was great to spent time with Colleen. We are already making plans to get together again.
















No comments: