Friday, August 24, 2007

Frozen Tundra


Yes, I do realize it has been yet again, forever since I last posted. I'm hoping with fall coming soon I'll have a little bit more free time (yeah right). At any rate, I'm finally posting now about our vacation that we took 2 weeks ago now.
We (meaning Bob, Ryan, Kyle, and myself) took a short mini-vacation over the weekend of Aug. 10-12. We spent the weekend up in Green Bay, WI. Yes, I do realize we didn't go out of state or anything (we are such adventurers haha), but what can you do with a very low budget and only 3 days? I was a great vacation anyway...didn't matter where we went, it was nice to be together as a family. (awwww)

We left Friday morning...hoping to leave before 10am, but unfortunately just as we are about to go out the door (literally) Kyle had an accident. More like a fall.....yes, his first face plant onto the kitchen floor. I have a feeling it will not be his last. (I think Ryan says oww about 50 times a day). Bob put him in the carseat to put him down for a moment. He turned back to him and picked up the carseat, forgetting that just moments earlier, he didn't strap him in. So the carseat flips over and Kyle goes face first onto the cold kitchen floor from about a foot away. Kyle of course is crying hysterically, Ryan starts crying because he just saw his little brother get hurt, (and thinks daddy did it on purpose) and I'm freaking out that I just saw my baby do a face plant. It took about 15 minutes for everyone to calm down, and thankfully, Kyle was ok. Just a small red spot on his head that went away by the end of the weekend. So off we went.

Green Bay is only about 2.5 hours north of us. Not a bad drive. Of course, I've been that way a few times, as many of my extended family members live in Kaukauna, Appleton, Chilton, and other small towns nearby. Though it's been years since I've been there. I stopped going up that way once my grandma moved back down here to live with us for several months before going to a nursing home.
Since there is so much to tell about this trip (who knew you could pack so much stuff to do in just 3 days?) I will just focus on what we did for part of Friday. You ready for this? You know how much of a Packer fan I am. I haven't had a chance to write a post yet about the upcoming football season, but yes, I'm a HUGE Packer fan. Football in general too, but my heart is set on the Pack. So being Packer fans, we made the pilgrimage to yep, you guessed it, the one and only Lambeau Field. (crowd goes wild!)

It was incredible. It was so beautiful...who ever thought that a football stadium would be pretty? I guess it is to those who are fans.
So got there and took tons of pictures outside and inside.

Here we are with Vince Lambardi.


Then we finally decided to eat. There are a few choice restaurants there, but Bob had his heart set on Curly's pub. He was told it was good. So off we went (it's a restaurant on the second floor of the Atrium). It was delicious...but pricey. After lunch we stopped at the arcade and game place there. Ryan (ok, and me too) had fun throwing footballs and running through the defensive line. Bob told me I throw like a girl. It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have a baby in my arms at the same time!



Afterwards we decided to check out the tours they have. They have a Hall of Fame, which is a musuem of Packer artifacts and memorialbilia or you could take a tour of the stadium. Both were about the same price, and with the two young kids with us, we opted for the stadium tour. Ryan was really excited about seeing the football field...he wanted to play in it with the Packers. LOL

The tour was awesome...well worth the money. The kids were free at least (thankfully since Kyle slept through most of it). We saw the suite seats that go for $100,000 or more. They are NICE.

We went through the tunnel that the players go through to get to the field during games. It was very exciting. And of course we saw the field. It was incredible to see it.....it's one thing to see it on tv, but it's so different and huge in person. Just amazing. We even got to sit in the bleachers just behind the goal post (the side that says Packers) and got to shout "Go Pack Go" and hear it echo back. Gave me chills!

The tunnel



After the tour Ryan got to play on some inflated things in the parking lot. There was a jumper and some football technique stuff. He has a blast.


All in all we spent 4 hours there (unfortunately we didn't get to see the Packers play or practice...they were out of town since their first preseason game was the next day at Pittsburg- Ryan was upset) and quite a bit of money, but it was worth it. Hopefully some day we will get there for a game. The waiting list is only about 73,000 people long. LOL
I thought this sign was hilarious!
More to come on the rest of our vacation!

4 comments:

Cindy said...

Looks like fun!

Unknown said...

wow looks and sounds like you all had a blast! congrats!

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a great way to spend a day! I especially enjoyed the photos!

I'm here from "That's My Answer!"

Shawna said...

OK, 1st off...I have to laugh because Ryan is already standing almost to your shoulders and he is what 4 or 5 years old LOL You will be looking up at him in 3rd grade!

Looks like you guys had a great time! I cannot imagine being that big a fan LOL Or having that much fun at a stadium, but put put me at a bookstore or something like that and I would be just as giddy :-) And you are the perfect mom for boys, Brenda!!! They are gonna love having their buddies over to watch games with mom LOL