Saturday, July 07, 2007

Land of the Living

My goodness....has it really been a month?? Where does the time go?

I'm back out of hiding! hehe Not that I've been hiding...just been incredibly busy.

What have I been up to you ask? It would take forever to post everything I've been doing lately....but here's a brief synopsis:

The main event in the last several weeks......my car. Technically Bob's car. It go kaput.
Bob's car died on his way into work (this happened on a Wed...don't remember which one now). He took it to an unmentionable car repair shop (the they-screw-you-over-so-you-are-out-tons-of-money shop) where they "supposedly" (air quote) fixed the problem (something to do with the gasket and the fuel tank....I don't know). for more money than I'm comfortable with--taking up most of our savings mind you. All was good....until the next day when he was on his way home from work. It died.....again. This time in the middle of rush hour traffic. (lucky him). Had it towed to the same place (nearest location) where they said it was the engine this time and it would cost thousands to repair it. To add to that, we also cannot prove that it was the fault of the first repair....so we are out lots of money...and a car since we junked it (can't afford to get that fixed and not worth it for how old the car is).

So living off of one car for a week was so not fun. I literally was a stay-at-home mom for a while.....the only place I could go was to walk to the park that's a block away.
Though I was ok with it if that's what had to be done. I don't want to go into big debt again if we don't have to.

Then my dad saved us. (love you daddy!!). He offered to sell us his car for dirt cheap and with no money up front. We just pay him what we can afford every month. woo hoo!! Boy did I get a deal too.... a 2001 Buick Century with only 34,000 miles on it. My dad takes very good care of his cars, and it's nice and big for both car seats plus one more if need be.
So I will be driving the 2001 and Bob will now be driving my old car (a 1989 Oldsmobile Cierra). Glad that mess is over with.

Other news:

Summer is here in full force and the kids and I have been spending tons of time outside. We go to the park, play in the yard, go for walks, and today we took out the pool. I had Kyle try it but he didn't like it so much. Maybe next year for him.

Kyle is now 5 months old. My how time flies. He is huge too!! I can't believe how chubby he is! I've never had a chubby baby....it's so funny seeing his chubby cheeks and thick thighs....he's my little chipmunk. We started rice cereal in the beginning of June and did all the cereals...are now doing sweet potatoes and he just loves them. He smiles and coos all the time now. And he's such a momma's boy. :) He definitely prefers me over daddy....5 minutes of daddy and he's crying. LOL

Ryan's little girlfriend moved away. It was hard on him at first but he's adjusting. He seems to understand that she's moved...not so much the divorce part though. We went up to see them once so far...the kids had such a blast playing...and it was great to have some mommy time with my friend. This moving thing is not just hard on Ryan....I really miss them too. Many times I sit there and wish they were still around.

No big vacation this summer (due to finances) but we do plan on going up to Green Bay for a weekend next month to visit a friend of mine. We will also be going to State Fair too in Aug.

I was planning on going down to Peoria IL for a concert (my Great White is back together and celebrating their 25th anniversary! They have a new album out July 17th and are on tour this summer) on July 28th but had to scrap that idea due to the car issues and finances. Money is tight right now so no money for entertainment right now. Which makes me very upset as I haven't seen my favorite band in almost 10 years now. Speaking of favorite bands.....didn't make it to Summerfest this year either.....some great bands there too.... Def Leppard, Bon Jovi, Weird Al, Collective Soul....etc.

Went to a birthday party last month for my friends Ernie and Renee's two children (3 yr old Emma and 1 yr old Tori). It was great seeing them again.....Ernie was Bob's best man in our wedding and Bob was his best man. We also got married 3 months apart. (You happy I finally gave you a shout out Ern?) Ernie was a bit upset that I not only didn't tell him I have a blog (didn't realize he was into the blog world) but that I never mentioned him. Some people and their pride!!!! (love ya anyway Ern) Anyway, the party was nice and I hope to meet up with them again soon.

Before all the crap happened with the car....we got a new patio door and a new back door and screen door. Our screen door was getting really bad...the screen kept falling out of it. LOL Time to get it replaced.

I know there's so much more but that's all I have time for right now. I only have so much time to get on the net these days.....I can usually only do one thing a day! It takes me most of my time just to check email. But it should slow down soon.....Kyle is finally in a set schedule now (at least for bedtime and feedings....naptimes are still a bit scattered....but I can predict about when he'll be tired) and both boys are in bed by 8pm most nights now. Ahh...the freedom!! So what do I do? I'm usually in bed by 9 or 9:30pm. LOL Kyle still gets up once during the night....and for some reason it still tuckers me out. Plus in 2 months Ryan starts school...that's a whole 'nother post though. LOL I can't believe my baby will be in preschool!!!! Yikes!!!

Anyway, glad I finally got you up to date. I'm still around...still breathing. Just so darn busy. I knew having a second child would make me busier....but this is ridiculous! LOl Or maybe I just had too much free time before?

BTW- Congrats to Cindy -- she's finally pregnant after 3 years of ttc!!! She is in my Yahoo group for women that have been trying to conceive since May 2004. CONGRATS GIRL!! Sending sticky vibes!

12 comments:

Shawna said...

Glad you are back!!! Tagged you for a Meme

http://shawna-thoughts.blogspot.com/2007/07/meme-filler.html

sam {temptingmama} said...

I was wondering where you've been! Incredibly busy is an understatement I think! LOL

Glad you're back, hopefully you stick around a little longer now!

Cindy said...

I've been wondering what you've been up to! Thanks for the update! And thanks for the congrats. :)

Shawna said...

Wow! You are busy! Summer always seems to be that way, doesn't it.

The new car deal sounds great! And to think what pains in the rears we were to our parents at one point LOL Glad they love us through it :-)

Preschool for Ryan! Already???? Oh my, where does the time go!

Anonymous said...

hello! here via "that's my answer"
Sorry you were having car troubles. My very first car was an 88 buick century. Fond memories....

MommaBoo said...

Glad you're back. I'm here via QOTD.

Hope all the car troubles are fixed up, now!

Happy Thursday!

p.s. Interesting question on QOTD, as well....

Bev Sykes said...

Oh cars. The pain! We once agonized over whether to rebuild an engine or buy a new car. Ultimately we rebuilt the new engine, which worked less than a year and we had to buy a new car anyway. You have my sympathies (our repair guys are trying to figure out how to fix our a/c. They should have it figured out by the time the 100+ temps finally cool.)

(Michele sent me, BTW)

Bev Sykes said...

(oops...I didn't mean Michele...I meant QOTD, of course)

Anonymous said...

Been there done that with the car issue. I'm glad that your dad had a solution for you.

Anonymous said...

BTW, Bev saying Michele sent her just made me laugh. LOL!

Tessa said...

came over from blog of the day..
nice family you have here!

and rudeness said...

Hey there girl! I've been thinking about you and those boys alot. Glad to hear you are doing ok. Sorry about the car. I know that can be QUITE draining!

Man, 5 months already... preschool... it really does fly huh?