Thursday, July 19, 2007

So glad I'm already married.....

So Amy and I went out on Tuesday to look at bridesmaid dresses. As I mentioned previously, she is getting married next year...Aug 2008. Since she is moving in less than two weeks to MN, we got together to shop for dresses and have some lunch. It was a good time. I tried on a whole bunch of dresses and she showed me the dress she is most likely getting.

She is doing something a bit different....all of us girls are wearing the same color, but not the same style. Because I'm very petite and thin (though after that Olive Garden visit I don't think I will be anymore!) and some of her other bridesmaids are.....not, she has opted to go with whatever style of dress looks good on us, as long as it's the same color...which is black. (black in an Aug wedding I think is suicide....but what can I say?)

So anyway, after spending about 2-3 hours trying on dresses and all, we finally found and agreed on a bridesmaid dress for me! It's very beautiful...here is shows blue, but of course, it will be black, with a green ribbon around the waist for accent color. Hopefully I won't be pregnant by next year at this time LOL But if I am, there are a few maternity dresses that are nice too. LOL

She also decided to tell me that I will need to find a babysitter for my kids as they will not be invited to the wedding...it is an "adult only" wedding.

Now I know she's not married yet and doesn't have children, so she's not into the whole family thing yet. But honestly, I was a little hurt when she told me that, as I was really looking forward to having my kids with me. My kids, my family are my life. They are everything to me and I don't mind being with them at all. Also, having an "adult" night is really not a big deal to me. I don't really enjoy going out drinking or dancing or any of that anymore. I honestly feel so over that these days....as she calls me, I'm a "soccor mom". And you know, I love it. My kids are my life. So anyway, I will have to figure out what I'm going to do. I refuse to pay babysitters for my children or have anyone I don't know watch them. Honestly, the only people I completely trust with my children are my parents. And they will be going to the wedding. So I have a year to figure out what to do with my will-be-then almost 6 yr old and 18 month old (and who knows if I'll have another one???).

Anyway, other than that, it was a great day. We had lunch together and talked about old times and her move coming up and wedding stuff. We may be on totally different stages of our lives right now, but when we do get together it's like we never left high school....we can talk until the cows come home! (and even after).

I'm so glad I don't have to deal with all that wedding stuff again. Phew!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh no! And dont you have to travel for this wedding? Stay in a hotel? Or am I mistaken? But if that is the fact, WOW I dont know what I would do either, Are Bob's parents still alive? What about your friend that just moved away?(Ryans girlsfriends mom) LOL Maybe she could help you out? Goodluck, if I had lived closer I'd help out

Cindy said...

My wedding was adults only too. Honestly, it was mostly because I couldn't afford to feed all the kids. If everyone bought their kids, it would have raised the cost A LOT since it was in a hotel and the food wasn't cheap.

The dress is very pretty!

Shawna said...

Gorgeous dress.

The adult wedding stuff has never bothered me as I am one who feels there are certain places children should be because they need attention and cause distractions, the costs of weddings today, the party atmosphere of weddings today and weddings are one of those places. My in-laws have a different view and I appreciate it: they see weddings as a family event, families uniting, families celebrating--so children should be included. It's all perspective, I guess.

I'm glad the day went well. I have been wondering how you have been doing and what you have been up to lately :-) Are you guys TTC again???