Thursday, February 08, 2007

I had forgotten...



I had forgotten how very time consuming a newborn is!! I haven't been able to get on the computer, even to check my email, in 2 days! Yikes!! I REALLY miss my computer time!!

Anyway, things are going great! Kyle is doing great! He's a very good baby. Cries a bit more than Ryan did, but usually has a reason (hunger, diaper change, etc). He is getting better at night too. I try to keep him up longer during the day and that seems to help him during the night. Since I'm breastfeeding I'm the only one that can feed him, which can make for a very long night! But he does really well.

We were afraid he would have jaundice really bad since he is diagnosed as cumbs positive, but luckily he didn't need any intervention! He also eats like a champ...the kid is going to eat me out of house and home I garentee it!! LOL
I'm doing very well. I was so worried I'd have PPD, but thankfully this time around I'm doing very well. I think it helps knowing what I'm doing, plus having Ryan and more help this time makes a difference. Of course, it can still come, but I feel really good these days.
Here are some pictures! This was the first time I held him. He was about a half hour old. I got to hold him for about a minute or so because he's so small they couldn't regulate his body temp, so he had to be in the warmer for a while.


This was the first time Ryan saw Kyle and got to hold him. He came to see us in the hospital the next day. He loves his new baby brother. In fact, sometimes he's a bit too affectionate!

My 3 boys!! Daddy, Ryan, and Kyle

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures, I must get some. Grandma

Cindy said...

I'm glad you're both doing well. He's just beautiful.

and rudeness said...

He is absolutely adorable. I love the "3 boys" pic.

You look so happy, Brenda. I am so excited for your family. Thanks for sharing.

Michelle said...

Awww! Are we going to start working on a girl in a couple of months?? lol

It's hard being outnumbered!

Please don't hesitate to seek help if you feel you have PPD and don't forget to let people help when they can!! :o)

Shawna said...

Isn't he precious! and look at big brother and Daddy in all their glory!