Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Bible study


I have been meaning to write about this and I just haven't gotten around to it.

My Thursday Bible study has started up again. We are doing another of Beth Moore's studies, this one titled "Believing God".

Beth Moore has incredible studies, and this one is no exception. A very in depth study on how not just to believe in God, but to BELIEVE HIM. To believe He is who he says he is, and what he says he can do. I have been enjoying it immensely. Her DVD lectures are amazing as always. She has a way of not just capturing an audience and preaching, but greatly inspiring. And the workbook and homework, though at times overwhelming since it's a lot of work (5 days of homework each week) but is very rewarding.

I've done a few of her studies in the past (studies on John, David, and the Patriarchs), but this one so far has proved to be the best I think. Not just learning the history of our Lord and diving into the Word, but this one really makes us look into ourselves and how and why we do or do not believe God. It gives us ways to increase our faith and belief and use it in everyday life. We are only on week 3, but it has been amazing so far. I can't wait to continue this journey!

If you are not involved in a Bible study, I suggest finding one and delving into the Word of God. I also highly recommend a Beth Moore study. I think you would admire her love for our Lord as much as I do.

1 comment:

Shawna said...

Sounds intriguing, Brenda! And I think it is wonderful to be involved in and read something that inspires us.