Monday, November 27, 2006

After Thanksgiving Sales

Yes, I was one of the crazy ones that got up early and ran out to the stores at 6am to get the good deals!
I don't always go. I didn't go last year. But this year there were some good deals I couldn't pass up, so I got up at 5am and was out the door by 6am. My first stop was Linens and Things, and amazingly got in and out of there in ten minutes!! They really weren't that busy, and what I was looking for was not something they normally sell, so not an in demand item.
My second stop on the list was Kohl's. That one took longer. I was going mainly for clothes (they had maternity clothes 50% off!). There's something hiliarous though about seeing the checkout line backed up all the way to the back of the store, yet going in to an empty dressing room to try clothes on. It was rather amusing. Anyway, got some good deals there too. It took 45 minutes of standing in line to check out, but that doesn't bother me.
I was planning on stopping at more places, but by that time I was getting tired, hungry, and just needed to sit down for a few minutes. I stopped back at home for breakfast.
After an hour break, I roped dh and son out too! We stopped at a few stores where it wasn't quite as busy since it was a bit later on.

All in all it was a good shopping experience and I got some good deals! Yay Black Friday!

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Glad you had fun. :)

and rudeness said...

Way to go girlie! I haven't been able to work the courage up to venture out on Black Friday. Ever.

And I hope I dont ever find "that place!"

YEAH on the good deals though!