Friday, January 25, 2008

Quarantined

I have been grounded to the house this week. Due to illness.

The flu has not just hit our house, but it has bombarded our house with nuclear missles of disease.

Ryan first came down with it on Monday. He spent the whole day literally laying on the couch. For a very active 5 yr old to do that, you know something is wrong.

Tues I came down with it. It's some nasty stuff too. Fever, stuffy nose, achey, chills, loss of appetite and energy. Nasty bug.

Wed Kyle got it. Which actually wasn't too bad because I still felt awful, so Kyle and I were sitting on the rocking chair together, looking awfully pathetic. I sat on the chair with Kyle for at least 4 hours straight....I couldn't move.

Thurs Bob got it. Yep, it spread like wild fires in the house. I couldn't believe how quickly it went through the house.

Today we are all still trying to get over it. Kyle and Ryan seem to be close to their normal selves now. Bob and I are still dealing with the sinus part.

I wouldn't wish this flu bug on my worst enemy. Hopefully this will be the last we see of being ill for the season. Hopefully by the weekend I can get back to the land of the living again.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Oh, how awful. Seems like everyone we know has been sick lately. So far (knock on wood) I've remained healthy and I'm trying to wash my hands and keep my distance from the sick ones...

Anyway, hope you all feel better soon.

Anonymous said...

If I lived closer I would bring chicken soup--home made.