Saturday, December 29, 2007

Stuck in the 80's and partying down

This past Thursday I did something I normally don't do. Something completely out of character for myself. I went to......a rock concert! *gasp* It was a spontaneous thing; I bought the ticket the week before when I found out my online friend was going. I thought it would be cool to meet her and I really needed a night out from Mommyville. As much as I love my children (more than anything) I desperately needed a break. Just one night where I'm not a wife or a mother....but just a woman that loves music.

I saw Night Ranger. You know, the group that sings Sister Christian .They sing much more than that obviously, but that would be their most well known song. Why Night Ranger you ask? I actually didn't start liking them until just recently. Michael Lardie, whom I'm totally and utterly infatuated with for the past 18 years, left Great White a few years ago and joined Night Ranger. Now he's back with Great White, but I got into Night Ranger. They are incredibly talented.

What a night it was! I met my friend Pattie there (my online friend I met at Michael's yahoo group) at 3pm with her friends. Here is me and Pattie.We went in the venue (in Chicago area) and hung out, watched the sound check, met the band, ate and talked. Pattie is friends with the band members, so I was able to be introduced to them. This is me with Brad Gillis.

The show was awesome. I was right up in the front row in between Jack (the lead singer) and Brad (the lead guitarist). Brad did quite a few solos right in front of me, and even gave me a guitar pick. They rocked! I am no longer a Night Ranger virgin, as this was my first NR show. I'm so going back again when they come back too! They were in prime form!

After the show I hung out with the ladies at the venue while we waited for the guys. We talked, took pics, had fun. Finally, we all figured out where we were going...to a restaurant just down the street. So we headed over there, had some drinks (some of us...I had water since I was driving) and had a grea time. About a half hour later or so, Brad, Kelly, and Reb joined us. I was a bit nervous at first.....hanging out with rock stars, but it didn't take me long to become comfortable and have a good time. By the end of the night I was sitting on Reb Beach's lap!

We hung out until 2am, then I drove home and didn't get to bed until 3am. What a night!

And I'm hoping to be able to do it again (sort of) next month. Great White will be coming to the area Jan 19 and I'm going. I'm hoping to be able to meet the band....or at least Michael. :) It makes me giddy just thinking about it!

It was awesome to live out a night from the 80's....all that was missing was the fashion and the big hair (though some of the ladies in the crowd did have that).




No comments: