Monday, December 17, 2007

Rock on and shake your booty

Yes, I was stuck (and still am) in the 80's. Yes, I truly was headbanging! I think it was to Queen, but I'm not even sure. I can't even remember.

I used to love dancing. Still do. When in colllege I used to go to dance clubs and shake my "thang". I even had designated "dance" clothes I would wear. Remember body suits? Oh yeah, I used to have them...several. My favorite was a black one I wear with green jeans and a green silk shirt that had a few buttons open. During the wamer months I would wear a sleeveless body suit with cut off jean shorts.
At any rate, I heart dancing. You couldn't get me off a dance floor at weddings. I did all of them....Achy Breaky, Macarena, and my personal fav, the Electric Slide. I headbanged, I did "da Butt", I was Dangerous on the Dance floor.


Ever since I married Bob though, I don't dance anymore. Bob HATES dancing.....with a passion. I was lucky to get him to dance with me to our wedding song. And since marrying him and havin children, I don't dance either. I know I shouldn't let him influence me, but really, I have no friends near me that do go (Amy moved to MN so she's out), and I feel I'm too old for that, so to speak. I'm a mom of 2.


Which leads me to these pictures. What I always used to do with Ryan ever since he was a baby was put on music and dance with him. I wanted him to grow up with music and not have the fear of dancing in social situations. So I used to hold him in my arms and dance with him. He loved it. At Julie's wedding when he was 11 months old I have pictures of us dancing. I heart those pictures. And as he got older, he learned to really love dancing. At a wedding we went to a year ago he had a blast dancing in the middle of the dance floor. Every time I turn on some music he's in the middle of the living room shaking his thang. Sometimes he even tells me to turn off the slow songs.


Kyle seems to be taking after his brother. I put on music frequently and Kyle bounces up and down and laughs. Whenever he's really fussy, we turn on Crazy Frog and he calms down immediately.

All of us getting down and funky. Well, except Bob, who took the picture. Just one of the many fun moments in our house.

No comments: