Sunday, December 16, 2007

My early Christmas present

Bob and I were discussing a while back what to get each other for Christmas. We both had ideas of what we wanted, but we couldn't get both of our wants this year. Being the sweet, loving husband he is, he let me have my present this year. It's a laptop! Unfortunately, I almost didn't get it.
Circuit City had one for sale at a dirt cheap price on Black Friday. Bob said he'd be willing to let me have my laptop if I was willing to go get it. Which meant I had to be standing in line by 3am in the cold to try to get this thing. Normally I wouldn't. But hey, it was for a laptop people!!! Plus, I met some nice people in line. Unfortunately I froze my booty off for two hours for nothing. They were sold out by the time I got to it. I was a bit upset, but I figured getting a laptop would be too good to be true.
Later in the day Bob and I decided to go to Best Buy to check some things out. They had some USB drives for cheap that we wanted (2G for $14.99!!), and while there we opted to check out the laptops. Most of them were sold out already. (popular item this year). But Bob checked them out and found one that he was comfortable with and knew would suit my needs (basically just internet surfing, pictures, and writing documents). It was a good deal....a bit more than what we wanted to spend, but it was a good deal.
So the new prized possession in my life now is my new Acer laptop.



Isn't she a beauty? 15.4 LCD, and so much more. (I have no idea what it all has....Bob deals with all that. Just as long as it does what I need it to). The only problem I'm having currently......Bob is hogging it!!! LOL He obviously had it the first few days to set it up for me, but even now on weekends he is on it most of the time....I tend to get it at night. He rarely takes out his work laptop anymore since mine is already set up in the living room, ready to use. What's nice is he doesn't mess up my settings since he put his on his USB drive. Ahh, I love technology.

Nice to know that my gift this year is the coveted gift of the year. :) Makes me proud. LOL

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Oooh, very nice!