Friday, December 29, 2006

A good Christmas!

We had a wonderful, yet busy Christmas! Not many pictures were taken during our Christmas Eve celebration with my family since we took video, but there are a few shots. Every year we take a family photo in front of my mom's Christmas tree. This year Ryan was playing "shy" and didn't want his pic taken. Highly unusual for him since he LOVES to have his pic taken..he's a ham. I think he was tired since he didn't take a nap that day. And me...I know I don't look 32 weeks pg there. LOL You can't tell from the front. LOL But that is a maternity dress! Got a good deal on it from Motherhood. Oh...and don't mind the pagers that daddy is wearing. He was on call during Christmas. Luckily he didn't get any pages!


You can also see in the background all the presents there. As usual, every year there are TONS of presents. It's a running joke in our family--every year my mom says she's cutting back on gifts, and every year there seems to be more instead of less! LOL But you have to figure, there are 8 of us, so that would equal a lot of gifts.

Here's Ryan anxiously awaiting to open the gifts. My mom usually has a big spread of food beforehand...mainly snacks and appetizers, so we usually eat first and then open. We try to do it as early as we can since it makes it for a long night for Ryan...it takes us about 3 hours to open gifts, then we clean up and head off to my parent's friend's house for their Christmas party.

Here is Ryan and Uncle Darrell (my brother) goofing around. It was Darrell's turn this year to hand out the gifts, so Ryan was a big help in handing them out.


Here is Ryan and daddy. He is helping daddy videotape the events. After a while Ryan became overstimulated and rather unruly, so to try to calm him down we had him "help" daddy with the video camera. It worked for a while!

It was a wonderful Christmas. Ryan's favorite gift from grandma and grandpa was an Imaginext Castle. Mine was a gold cross necklace. And daddy's I think was a ladder.

Everything turned out nicely and it was another good Christmas.

1 comment:

Shawna said...

What a beautiful family! And yeah, I am like your mom--swearing I am cutting back and yet it seems to grow each year LOL