Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Christmas GTKY

1. Eggnog or Hot chocolate?currently, hot chocolate, but normally eggnog!
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? wrap presents
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
colored
]4. Do you hang mistletoe? no
5. When do you decorate for Christmas? Day after Thanksgiving
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? (Excluding desserts!) shrimp, bacon-wrapped water chestnuts
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child. going for a drive on Christmas Eve after dark to look at the Christmas lights on the houses in the neighborhood.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I really don’t remember.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? YES! My family opens ALL their gifts on Christmas Eve. It’s our tradition. We have our Christmas on Christmas Eve rather than Christmas Day.
10. Do you bake cookies every year? no. Some years I do, some years I don’t. My mom does most of the cooking/baking.
11. Snow? Love it or dread it? snow only until Christmas! After the New Year I wouldn’t mind it melting!
12. Can you ice skate? yes but haven’t gone in years.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?. I loved the Cabbage Patch kids I got when they were “in” back in the 80’s.
14. What's your favorite thing about the holidays? What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you?. spending time with family, spending time in glorifying Christ.
15. Favorite holiday dessert? cookies, Angel food candy
16. What is your favorite Holiday tradition? opening gifts on Christmas eve with my family
17. What is your tree topper like? an angel
18. Do you like to give or receive? I love to give!
19. What is your favorite Christmas carol? Carol of the Bells
20. Candy canes? Yuck or Yum? yuck. I don’t like peppermint.
21. What was the one gift you always wanted for Christmas but never got? I have no idea.
22. Do you buy a gift for yourself when shopping? Usually. I have to open something on Christmas too.
23. Favorite Christmas Movie? A Christmas Story; How the Grinch Stole Christmas (animated version)
24. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? with lights and ornaments.
25. What do you do on Christmas morning? open gifts with dh and Ryan after Santa has arrived. Go to Christmas service at church.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello,
This seems to be a fun and friendly blog. I am sure that you are a joy to many. I am wondering if anyone knows whatever happened to "SimplyMoms" It seems like a sudden stop to that site.

Brenda said...

May I ask who you are and why you want to know?

Cindy said...

The animated Grinch is one of my favorites too. That's part of how I became CindyLu!