Saturday, February 01, 2014

Day 8 #100daysofhappiness

Today most things made me happy, so I'll wrap it up into one little package: my newly 7 yr old boy!! Today is Kyle's birthday and as of now he is officially 7 years old. Hard to believe he's that age already. Not to repeat the old adage, but really, time does fly by. It feels like it was just yesterday when it was -5 degrees and I was going in for a test at the hospital and all hell broke loose, and 9 hours later he was born. It's an extremely long (and frustrating) story that I may share at another time. For now though, I'm happy that Kyle had fun on his birthday and all went well. He spent the afternoon with his friends at Skatetown, enjoying a party, then home to play with some of his new presents, then off to Texas Roadhouse for his favorite buns. Home then to play some video games (mainly Minecraft). He asked to stay up until he officially turned 7 (at 9:29pm) and I agreed if he behaved. However, the poor birthday boy passed out at 9pm from a very busy day. I even have a nice picture of the two of us at the restaurant together. A rarity as this boy doesn't like pictures!
A wonderful day and the whole thing made me happy. Happy Birthday Kyle!!

No comments: